CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

What Happened To The ' Thank You's '

Caleb and were pulling into the Walmart parking lot today. We were ready for a big trip because I got my grocery money for the month. I pulled Caleb out of the car and headed into the store. There was also a lady getting out of her car nearby. A very nice guy was collecting all the carts near us and this is what happened.

Guy: (To me) Would you like a cart? (He obviously saw me carrying Caleb)

Me: Oh! Thank you very much!

Guy: You're Welcome.

Guy: (To other woman) Would you like a cart?

Other woman: Yes! Thank you!

Guy: That is the most thank you's I've heard in a very long time. Most people just snatch the cart from me and keep walking.

Wow! Where are the manners? Being courteous is not determined by who the other person is and what their job is. This guy was trying to be helpful and apparently he is terribly under-appreciated. I was touched by this guy's honesty and this situation has made me even more determined to be kind and courteous to everyone I come into contact with.

0 Readers Shared Their Love: