CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Overwhelmed

Well, I should've thought this would happen to me. I'm already feeling overwhelmed with all the things I want to accomplish this year. It is only the first week of 2007 and I am overwhelmed. My last post listed all my goals and resolutions for the year and it was A LOT. It is so much that I'm having a hard time even getting started. I haven't written here much. I haven't rowed at all this week. My house still looks in shambles...even though I did do laundry today. That is one thing.

I met with my friend to discuss how we want to handle me selling her pottery on eBay. She came over yesterday to help me with an oil change for the van. I hate waiting around the garage especially with Caleb, so I always ask someone to pick me up and we just hang out at the house while we wait. We talked about eBay and just had fun as friends. She is 16 weeks pregnant and there was plenty of baby talk. That was fun.

Okay, that was a brief bunny trail. I know I need to take my goals and resolutions one step at a time. I also need to PRAY more. Jesus is my strength and I strongly believe that many of my goals are from him and God-honoring. So, I just need to trust him to give me more strength and organizational skills to get this done. I also need to not be too hard on myself. I don't have to be a SUPER WOMAN or SUPER MOM. I guess I just want to move forward in each area at a fairly steady pace.

Thanks for listen to my ramblings as I think through a good strategy for not feeling overwhelmed and how to actually accomplish something this year. Y'all are great. If you have any ideas please leave a comment. I would love to hear what y'all do to get things done. Thanks so much!

2 Readers Shared Their Love:

Keziah said...

Don't worry about the house too much all in one day. Can I introduce to you the wonder of Flylady (www.flylady.net)?

Her basic mantras are:

"You can do anything for 15 minutes"

"You are not behind! I don't want you to try to catch up; I just want you to jump in where we are. O.K.?"

"Progress, NOT Perfection" in 2007!"

As a typical perfectionist, I find her system very easy to follow, even if I don't follow it to the letter. She sends lots of emails, which could be a little overwhelming, but, as she reminds you, you can always delete them at the end of the day. Try the baby steps on her website.

I'm sure others will be along to extol her virtues - it's been funny to meet other 'Flybabies' on my blogging travels!

Anonymous said...

I would just say, one step at a time, one day at a time. It's a good thing God doesn't expect us to be supermom's or superwomen, and, thank goodness He already has it under control for us! Have you have a good, peaceful day today!