CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Why must you touch?

Why do people always have to touch babies? Yes, they are cute and cuddly and just wonderful but I don't want perfect strangers touching my baby. I don't know how many times I've been out and about shopping or whatever and people will come up to Caleb in his carseat and touch him, especially his feet. NO! If I don't know you, please don't touch my son. I don't know what you have on your hands. My family and friends are so considerate and they always wash their hands before they pick up Caleb without ever me asking. I never had to mention a thing from when he was born till now. They just know. I've also noticed that from other moms. They won't touch him because their hands are dirty or just cold. I wish that were the case with everyone else. Unfortunately, it isn't. It seems the general rule is that if there is a cute baby you have to touch it. I was at Walmart today with Caleb strapped to me in his carrier. (He hates his carseat and I figured out that if he is strapped to me, I will have a much more pleasant shopping experience). Everyone made comments about him and that is kind of nice. I know my son is incredibly cute and I enjoy hearing it. BUT, please don't touch him. Not only are you infringing on him but you are also entering my personal space. One lady even came up to us in line and touched his feet and mentioned that he wasn't getting good circulation in his legs because of his carrier. Note: Caleb would let me know if he was not comfortable. Then the cashier said his feet were cold, thus the color. So, not only was I getting unwanted advice, they were touching him too. GEEZ!! DON'T TOUCH THE BABY!! Okay, I'm done now. I just had to get that out. Whoo!

0 Readers Shared Their Love: