CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 18, 2006

To Grandpa's We Go...

This weekend is a big milestone for Caleb. He is going to go on his very first road trip. Chris, Caleb, and I are packing up half the house it seems and we are going to visit my Dad and Stepmom. I confess I'm pretty nervous. Have I packed everything we need for Caleb? Do I have enough diapers, wipes, outfits? Thankfully, my Dad told me they were able to score a pack n'play from a friend so we don't need to worry about that. One less thing. But, that is just Caleb. What about me? Am I forgetting anything? Toothbrush? Hairbrush? Socks? I also have to pack for Chris. Whoo! This might take all day. I also have to pack up Eowyn and send her on to the other set of Grandparents to be doggie-sat. Eowyn practically requires her own suitcase. She needs her kennel, food, bowl, bone, toy duck (the duck is almost like a security blanket...she can't be without it), harness, leash, and invisible fence system (thankfully, that is portable). Once all is said and done we have to actually get to my Dad's house. That is what I'm most worried about. We can't leave till Chris gets home at about 6:15 and after we eat dinner. Well, that is getting into Caleb's grumpy time of the day. It would be great if we could somehoe hook up his swing in the car but with a Ford Focus, that is not possible. The swing seems to work well in calming Caleb down. So, I'm just praying that the motion of the car puts Caleb to sleep. If not, it will be a very "musical" two hours. I will do my best to make sure he is happy by confirming he has on a very clean and dry diaper and I will be feed him till he is nice and full and cuddly. Wish us luck! Off we go....

0 Readers Shared Their Love: