CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Thanksgiving Smoke Coming out of Fireplace

I am so happy today! Caleb and I are home pretty all day today getting ready for our trip to my Dad's house as soon as Chris gets off work. We are doing some last minute computer work and soon we'll be packing our suitcases. We will be gone till Sunday afternoon sometime. I just can't wait to be around my family, enjoy some delicious Thanksgiving food and fellowship, and take many sweet, turkey-induced naps.

This Thanksgiving is extra special because we are also doing Christmas for my side of the family. Chris, Caleb, and I will be going to Rockford, Illinois for Christmas to see his side of the family. So, I made a special request to my Dad, Sister, and Brother to make Thanksgiving into Christmas too. I just couldn't handle not being around them for the celebration. After much discussion we decided to do a mini-gift gift giving time in that everyone else brings gifts for us and we give all our presents to them. It will be blast! Two Christmas celebrations!! Yeah!!

Now for the obligatory "I am thankful for..." list. I am so thankful for my Hubby and my son. We are all healthy and happy. I am thankful that Caleb and Eowyn are really blossoming as friends and "brother and sister." I am thankful that I have a husband who supports and agrees with my desire to stay home with Caleb. I am thankful for the rest of my family. I often miss them but that makes times like this that much more sweet. I am thankful that I love and get along with Chris' side of the family too. I am thankful for my MOPS group at church. They got me through my first year of motherhood and now I can serve them too as their Prayer/Care Coordinator.

I am thankful above all for my relationship with the Lord. He has been taking me on a journey back home. He is turning my heart back to my role of wife and mother and he is increasing my contentment each and every day. For this reason my level of happiness has gone way up and that is worthy of great thanksgiving.

Now, I must get back to my preparing for our trip. There are suitcases to be packed and doggie toys to be gathered.

HAVE A WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING!!!!!




Graphic From AllPosters.com

0 Readers Shared Their Love: